Friday, February 25, 2011

Art Room 2nd Project

We have been making a lot of things in our art room lately! Then we found a cooking website and our interest turned to food! Can you blame me? My issue is that I have too many projects going on at once so it's
hard to sit down and upload the pics for the post!

 This is the strawberry tote I made a couple of weeks ago. I really like collapsible shopping totes and it's my way of going green. When I saw one of these online I knew I HAD to make it! Seriously...a collapsible tote and a cute strawberry, who wouldn't love it!





The bag is collapsed inside the strawberry.
Open the strawberry and voila...a bag to store your books and groceries!



I thought it was too plain so I had to add something to it. I'm thinking of making and selling these to make a little extra vacation money but I have no idea how to price them. If I did make them though I think I'd personalize the front. Wouldn't that be adorable?
Here it is all finished. I really like it except when I added the lining inside the bag it made the bag too bulky to fit all the way back into the strawberry. I'll reconfigure next time and there will be a next time! I've already used this bag a lot and I plan on using it a lot more!

No comments: