Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baby Shower Gift Idea

My sister-in-law is pregnant. She is having TWINS. A boy and a girl! They already have a little boy so their house will be busy and fun soon. I really really really like home made, personalized gifts. Probably because we have unique names around here :-) So for her baby shower I wanted to make something unique.


 A personalized blanket is always great. The baby's are due in April so I used a light weight fleece cotton for these. I made them match and then embroidered their names on in blue and pink. I think they turned out great.

Then I bought a blue and pink onesie to add their initials on. My sister-in-law likes simple things so I think the initial alone will be great.




Of course packaging is a huge deal as well. I saw a tutorial online for creating these "cupcakes" out of the blanket and onesies. I had to try it! It took me several attempts since the blankets I made are doubled which made them thicker, but I finally got it. I put them inside this doughnut box which is too cute. I was so excited to take this to her shower today, unfortunately I got sick and couldn't go. But I'll give it to her tomorrow with a pack of diapers!

Another eventful thing this week...Aybrin lost his 2nd top front tooth! Of course I recorded him singing "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth"!

 Next week I'm joining Simple Mom for her decluttering project! Why don't you join me?

No comments: